Choosing the best shower heads
By definition, shower is where one takes a bathe under a falling or spay of typically cold, hot or even warm water. The showers have a rotating nozzle that points down on the user and this enables the user to spray the water through the different parts of his or her body.
On the other hand, a shower head is an apparatus at the end of a water source that disperses water to provide an even flow under which to wash. They have small holes on the surface of the shower fixture that face the bather.
Most mounted shower heads are adjustable and can be turned to give the bather maximum water coverage. A simple turn of the apparatus at the base of the fixture moves the direction of the flow. A hose can also be attached to a shower head to make it movable for those who prefer to have more control for rinsing the body.
Types of shower heads
The best shower heads have just the right amount of water pressure & shower spray area to suit your preferences
Wall mounted shower heads
- Works with existing plumbing.
- Have nozzles that adjust from pulsing massage to gentle mists. There is an adjustable dial that allows you to customize the water flow.
- It is a great upgrade to any bathroom that can be installed easily in minutes.
- It is also the standard fitting in luxury hotels.
This type of shower enables spray right above the head. It is also referred to as installed ceiling mounted shower head and it works well in situations where the ceiling is too small to fit a wall-mount head. It enables taller people to use with ease.
- Best for a new home or major bath renovation.
- Can be a great solution for ceilings that are too low for a wall-mount head.
- Because of its large size and also it is a rainfall effect shower head, it is preferably suited for a ceiling mounted installation.
- The one downside to any ceiling mounted shower head is that the extra distance that the water has to fall before it hits your body means that many people report that the water feels as though it has a lower pressure and cooler temperature. You can overcome this to some extent by installing an extension arm from your ceiling mounted pipe, to drop the shower head closer to your body.
- Top-mounted styles can be suspended from a pendant or flush-mounted to the ceiling
These showerheads move up and down directly on a bar fixed to the wall. Since its height is easy to adjust, it provides a better option for the people who use the shower because they vary significantly.
This enables one to hold the head and direct the water at the time when one is washing his or her hair or rinsing off at the shower enclosure. This shower gives you the flexibility to wash better in those hard to reach places. Hand held heads are great for both children and older people with limited mobility. They include a wall mounting clip which allows one to use it like a more traditional wall mounted unit, but it can be a bit loose. There are many brand of shower heads: Moen shower head, Annabath shower head, Kington shower head…. You can find the best handheld shower head at amazon.com, homdepot.com or read more here.
- Works with existing plumbing.
- Most hand showers are mounted on sliding bars that adjust to various heights. They can be easily pried out with a screwdriver or tweezers.
It is designed to give a showering experience similar to standing in the rain but with the difference of warmth.
- It has two spray settings which make it easier for you to switch between a powerful jet thus, resembling a more traditional shower.
- It is easy to clean rubber nozzles.
- You can remove the hose after shower time and there will be no choking hazard in your bathroom.
- You can use it as a handheld shower to wash your children and introduce them to showering.
Characteristics of Thermostatic Mixer Showers
- Ideal for homes with readily available hot water or large capacity hot water cylinder
- Cold and warm is mixed within the unit and the water delivered through the shower
- Shower options include fixed head, adjustable head, and handset on a riser rail
- Mixers with a diverter give the option for multiple outlets from the shower unit
It serves as the perfect tool for rinsing one’s shower, and since it is right within reach, one is more likely to give his or her shower a quick cleaning.
It can also improve the everyday shower experience by helping you direct water right where you need it and can also help you to wash up while keeping your hair dry, and for women, they serve as the perfect tool for leg shaving.
It provides the perfect option for kids, who often feel overwhelmed by the noise and heavy spray in a standard shower. It puts the control in their hands and can help them get used to showering on their own.
They help you cut water consumption even further by using a shut-off switch right on the handle. With this switch right in your hands, you are more likely to shut the water off or turn it down as you lather up or shave your legs.
Those with limited mobility stand to benefit the most from this technology. They make them a convenient option for people who use a shower seat to cope with injury, arthritis or other physical limitations by helping them retain their independence and shower without assistance.
They also make it easier for caregivers to bathe patients in their care by bringing the water right where it is needed. These handheld units to provide a safe, accessible bathing experience for all members of the family.
Most of these units come with easy installation features. The instruction manual provided along the system describes very simple installation instructions. As they are movable, they are easy to be kept cleaned and maintained.
Why choose it?
They are so good that you will love them the first time you use! Along with the standard flow modes, the device also comes with a pause mode that stops the water flow. If you drop the shower head during use, you won’t have to worry about damaging it.
How it works
Considering how they work, just make sure that you get a hand shower that is very adjustable as far as angle of spray. It can change the angle of the spray, in addition to the height by sliding it up and down a bar. This is in addition to a fixed head shower on the opposite wall. When it is installed as a separate function, it’s more cost than just the cost of fixture.
How to install
First Step: try to take away the old shower head
Turn the shower head with your hand anticlockwise to remove it.
Second Step: Bind the threads
Bind Teflon tape in a left to right direction 3-4 times at the threads of the shower arm.
Fix the tape into the threads.
You have to follow the right guidelines given below to install the showerhead:
Fitting a Fixed-Mount Showerhead Only
Fix the shower head to the shower arm in a left to right direction
Installing the shower only
Fix the shower mount to the shower arm and hand-tighten.
Connect the malleable shower hose to the mount and to the hand-held shower.
Put this shower in the mount and then try to open so as to check for any possible leaks.
Fixing a Fixed-Mount with the Shower
Fasten the diverter that directs water to the shower arm and hand-tighten.
Fix the fixed-mount showerhead into the tip of the diverter in a left to right direction and hand-tighten.
Attach the unit mount to the shower per the manufacturer’s instructions. Then join the flexible shower to the diverter and the shower.
Put this shower in the mount and open the water, direct water from the fixed-mount to the unit and then check for the possible leaks.
Look at this and see a video on how to fix this shower:
One must make use bath benches. These showers are perfect for people with limited mobility. Reduce chances for falls and have more control of the water direction.
Grab bars can be installed at the shower wall. These bars are strong for holding onto and assist with lowering down and standing up.
It allows a person to bathe while sitting on the bath bench. This one is mostly important for anyone with a dizzying condition.
In conclusion, this ready-to-use best handheld shower head is both economical as well as efficient. Easy installation makes this product more likeable for customers looking for a shower with minimum effort requirement. However, the cleaning and maintaining process for this product needs a decent effort to be made. However, its fragility can’t be ignored and it needs to be handled carefully.